Superhero" lie we’re telling ourselves in career guidance.

 We need to talk about the "Superhero" lie we’re telling ourselves in career guidance.


I’m tired of seeing brilliant career professionals stuck in a state of maintenance while they preach mastery to their clients.

We spend all day looking at other people’s "capes." We help them find their path, fix their resumes, and navigate their pivots. But behind the scenes? So many of us are ignoring the state of our own "Superhero Suit."

Here is the truth no one wants to say out loud:
- We hide our struggles because we think it makes us look "unprofessional."
- We wear a mask of perfection, but in reality, our "scars"—the divorces, the industry shifts, the terrifying restarts—are exactly what make us credible.

I’ve mastered Air, Water, Earth, and Fire—not because I’m fearless, but because I’ve been through the "fire" of starting over in 4 countries, I´v been across 45 countries in my "Cruise Ship Classroom." I’ve jumped from planes and walked on coals because I had to learn the hard way:

🍿 Without upgrading your own Internal Operating System (IOS), the skills won't stick. 🍿

I’m over the idea that "starting over" is a failure. Whether it’s a relocation or a life-shattering change, a restart is a re-initialization, not a defeat. We need to stop planning for some distant future and start POPPing into our potential right now.

Most of the time, we "have not because we ask not." We ask our clients to be ambitious, yet we settle for what the world gives us. We ask "Why me?" when we should be asking "What for?"

Ambition isn't a dirty word. It’s a virtue. You have the right to design your own suit. You have the right to demand more, but also move more.

If we want to lead people through the AI era, we can't just give them tools. We have to give them a new way to think. But first, we have to do it for ourselves (and that´s why I do things that aren't considered normal for a woman). I always ask myself: And why not?

It’s time to move beyond the cape. It’s time to be vulnerable enough to fall and brave enough to rise.

Who else is tired of playing small? Let’s stop maintaining and start mastering.

— Micky (the WonderWoman) 🦸‍♀️

Comments

Popular Posts